We’ve got more event and registration news! Read on for Marmot’s Revenge race info direct from the organizers:
The Marmot’s Revenge 2022 Canada Cup races are presented by Karpos and Pure Outdoors. The events will be held at Marmot Basin close to Jasper, AB from April 1-3, 2022. Expect exciting, challenging courses, a full weekend of skiing with friends.
Registration opens February 1, 2022 and the cap is 100 participants. We don’t expect to fill up immediately but spots will go quick so don’t put it off too late.
The best way to stay up to date on the latest race information is by registering early to ensure you’re on our email list and follow @MarmotsRevenge on IG and Twitter.
- Online registration opens February 5
- ACC members receive a $5 discount per race
- $30 total discount to enter all 3 races
- Junior entries are highly subsidized
- Online registration will close midnight March 31
- Due to Covid restrictions, onsite registrations will be limited
- $25 additional fee/event for onsite registration
- Box lunch included on Sunday, April 3
Dates: April 1-3, 2022
Location: Marmot Basin, AB
Lodging: Jasper, AB (details below)
2022 Marmot’s Revenge Canada Cup Race Events:
- April 1, Friday afternoon (3:00 PM)
- Vertical race (total ascent 700m)
- April 2, Saturday afternoon (1:00-3:00 PM)
- April 3, Sunday morning (10AM)
- Individual short course (total ascent/descent 867m)
- Individual long course (total ascent/descent 1,450m)
Canada Cup Age Categories (age as of Dec 31, 2022)
- Junior: 16-19*
- Senior: 20-34
- Master: 35 +
*Juniors may race as Senior with prior approval from Skimo Canada
Course Route Info:
We’ve included maps of all courses below. We will be doing everything in our power to make this race happen as planned but the course will evolve over the next few months as we tweak logistics with Marmot Basin Ski Patrol. The final course will be announced prior to the race and via social media @MarmotsRevenge. Any race day changes will be noted at the MANDATORY racer meetings. COVID vaccine passport is required on-site. Additional COVID restrictions may apply.
The Individual long course has 6 ascents and descents with three boot packs.
It is the same course as 2020 with 1 ascent added. Descents will be single & double black diamond runs and will tentatively include Cornice, Peak Run and Tres Hombres.
The Individual short course has three ascents and descents with one boot pack. The short course is designed for Juniors & Masters as well as Recreational skiers with Heavy Metal ski equipment, i.e. not race-specific skimo gear.
Same course as 2020. Descents will be blue, single & double black diamond runs and will tentatively include Solace, Peak Run and Kiefer’s Dream.
The Individual long course and Vertical will be one of the Canada Cup events allowing competitors to gain points towards their national ranking.
You must be prepared to ski these runs in any conditions (powder, windboard, moguls, ice). If you aren’t sure – get up there and ride the lifts to give them a try!
The course will use a conventional race marking system: green for ascent with skins, yellow for ascent on foot (bootpack), and red for descent without skins.
We will do OUR BEST to follow these routes. If avalanche conditions dictate a change of course, this will be communicated to athletes via email (based on registration), through our event social media channel @marmotsrevenge, and at the mandatory pre-race meetings. Please follow these resources during the lead-up to the race and don’t be surprised by any changes. We will be sending out updates whenever possible!
These courses will be challenging for all participants. However, the short courses are intended for Juniors, Masters, first time racers and skiers with Heavy Metal equipment.
Racers in both courses will experience very challenging skin tracks (on the ascents) that can be frustrating for beginner ski tourers. We do our best to set the track the day before however conditions can change quickly and this can affect how the track gets worked in.
The descents will range from open alpine bowls to moguls in steep chutes. If you cannot execute a turn in close proximity to obstacles OR are unable to sideslip around obstacles, this race is not for you. If you aren’t sure, go do a day of lift served skiing on Marmot and try out the descents!
We have set aside 12 rooms at the Maligne Lodge for the nights of March 31, April 1 & 2, 2022.
- 6 rooms with 2 queen beds at $149.00 + taxes per night
- 6 rooms with 2 double beds at $149.00 + taxes per night
You can begin booking your rooms by using the directions below:
- Rooms are to be reserved on an individual basis, and can be done by calling the hotel reservations office at 1.800.661.9323
- You can book into any of the dates that we have set aside
- Please quote the group ID number 763720 to access the room block and preferred rates
- Please note these rooms will be held until March 17, 2022
Race Course Maps:
Vert Course – Friday, April 1
Individual Short Course, Sunday, April 3
Individual Long Course, Sunday, April 3
Sprint Course Design