Become a member of Ski Mountaineering Competition Canada. Membership is free! But only for a limited time while we grow our member base.
Why should you join? We’re glad you asked.
Joining SMCC is similar to joining a trail association, or Nordic ski club. By formalizing our membership we become stronger as an organization! It enables us to demonstrate the sport’s growing interest to sponsors, partner organizations and race directors. It also gives us more clout when we interact with government agencies, apply for grants and do all kinds of other boring yet necessary work behind the scenes to keep the sport operating, and growing, in Canada.
Your membership is even more important in the coming years as we close in on Ski Mountaineering’s inclusion in the 2026 Olympic Winter Games in Milan-Cortina Italy.
We are looking for more than just athletes – volunteers, coaches, recreational practitioners and anyone who is interested in being a part of this growing sport are all encouraged to join.
- Discounted race fees, plus the ability to enter promotional competitions to win prizes from our sponsors
- Eligibility for Canada Cup points, and a national ranking
- Eligibility for selection to Canada’s national, national development, World Championships and, soon, Olympic teams
- Access to open training camps and exclusive coaching opportunities
- Voting rights at our annual general meeting (AGM) to elect SMCC leadership and influence the direction of the SMCC