Snow is on the ground in western Canada and it’s feeling a lot like race season again! With that in mind, Ski Mountaineering Competition Canada is pleased to present the 2023 Canada Cup schedule. With stops across four of Canada’s premier ski areas, this season is shaping up to be Canadian skimo’s best one yet.
- Castle Mountain Resort hosts the season opener, with the 11th edition of the Castle Mountain Ski Mountaineering Races running from January 6th to 8th, 2023. These races will serve as selection events for the 2023 Canadian World Championships team.
- After a few years’ hiatus, Whitewater Ski Resort brings their unique vibe and reputation for deep powder back to the Canada Cup circuit from February 4th to 5th, 2023
- The Steep Dreams Ski Mountaineering Festival returns to Kicking Horse Mountain Resort for another weekend of flat out racing and buck wild terrain from March 17th to 19th, 2023.
- Marmot’s Revenge will once again conclude the Canada Cup season, with a full slate of events and beautiful spring conditions at Marmot Basin from March 31st to April 2nd 2023.
Other dates to note:
- Vert 120 – Dec 10, 2022 (not a Canada Cup race, but always a very popular early season event.)
- Mont St Anne – Mar 11-12, 2023 (not a Canada Cup, but may serve as Eastern Championships)
Keep an eye on the Non-Canada Cup Schedule page, where we’ll keep an up to date listing of all other Canadian races that we’re made aware of. (Please get in touch to submit a race.)
Also of note: 2023 Canada Cup points system and national team selection to be released prior to the first race of the season. World championships team spots will be available at Castle Mountain, and may be allocated at one other event to be determined. For those athletes looking to secure a spot at Boí Taüll, please be sure to stay tuned for updates as the season approaches.