The Castle Mountain races are on! Click here for event and registration details. Due to the ongoing COVID19 situation, Castle Mountain Resort and Ski Mountaineering Competition Canada will be instituting the following minor changes:
- There will be no indoor gatherings. This means that award ceremonies will be held outdoors, and that the resort is unable to host a post race meal on Sunday after the individual race.
- The number of athletes allowed into the West Castle room (waivers, bib assignments, uphill lift tickets) is limited to 4. Please wait until there are fewer than four athletes/volunteers in this room before you enter. Note that proof of vaccination will be checked as you enter the day lodge to access the West Castle room and masks are mandatory.
- The Wright Stuff Award Skimo silent auction items will be on display all weekend and will close to bids on Sunday. The winners will be contacted by the Race Director that day or shortly afterwards. Payments can be made by etransfer.
- In the absence of formal award/podium ceremonies, prize winners will be awarded on Saturday afternoon for the Sprint and Vertical races and Sunday for the Individual race. There are still prizes just no formal, indoor podium ceremonies like in years past.
- If any racers register and then decide to cancel or are unable to attend, a credit towards entry in the 2023 CMR Skimo Races will be offered. As a result of 2022 CMR terrain fees and discounted racer uphill passes (only $10.00 per racer per race) these 2022 entrance fees are about half of what they have been in past years!
All other aspects of the races will proceed as planned! Thank you for your understanding as we navigate our sport through these tricky times. We’re looking forward to seeing you all very soon!
One thought on “Castle Mountain Race Director’s Update”